Director Shane Blakeborough
Shane Blakeborough is Director of both Journey Management Group a nationally accredited Registered Training Organisation, which commenced in 2003 and of SBL Logistics a transport company established in 2012.
He in 2003 had a vision to provide a quality training service to the Road Transport, Logistics, Waste Management and Civil Construction Industries.
Since 2003 Shane’s vision has transformed into
- A five acre Geelong site with purpose built theory and practical training areas;
- Skills centres in Laverton, Ballarat, Hamilton and Portland;
- The opening of a multimillion dollar Skill Centre in Warrnambool in January 2013
The organisation today:
- Is a contracted as a training provider to Victorian Government
- Provides employment for over 130 staff
- Is accredited with Vic Roads as delivering heavy vehicle licence training and testing
- Is accredited with Worksafe Victoria to provide high risk training licensing
- Has over the last five years invested in excess of twenty million dollars in infrastructure plant and equipment
- Has been the Geelong Business Excellence awards winner in 2011 (Family Business) and 2012 (Education)
Shane has been in the Transport and logistics industry for over thirty year and in 2012 extended his business to include SBL logistics which today employs more than 30 staff and has one of the most modern vehicle fleets in the country.
Through both his training and logistics business he is able to keep up to date with industry developments training needs and employment trends.
He holds a:
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Management
- Diploma of Training & Assessment
Shane is married and has three children. His wife Debra is the CEO of Journey Management Group with daughter Jacinta also working in the company. His interest include deep sea fishing, motor bike riding and a commitment to his family.